Thursday, July 26, 2012

My Go To's

Do you ever have that moment where you think "what the heck am I going to do with 1st grade"?  Well I have them from time to time...whether it's I can't remember what I used for a certain concept last year or I'm looking for something different these are my "Go To" Resources:

Game Plan by Randy Delelles and Jeff Kriske
I have all 6 grade levels of Game Plan and they are an amazing resource.  There are tons of songs, games, visuals, etc..  What I really love is this series helped me better spiral my curriculum.  I am much more aware of the direction I'm heading in with lesson planning and I believe this has greatly impacted my students musicianship.


Mallet Madness by Artie Almeida
Artie is awesome!  I love many of her publications but Mallet Madness is one of my Go To's.  This is such a great resource for incorporating children's literature, mallet technique, and more.


The Orff Source by Denise Gagne
I love this resource because it is sequenced by tone set (sm-lsm-etc.) it is great to quickly find a song to support your objective.



While there are many other resources, including my Level binders, that I own and use these 3 are the ones I find myself going to first.

2 comments:

  1. I love GAMEplan!! I love how they incorporate orff instruments at least once a week. My principal just agreed to buy it for our school. I'm ecstatic! Until they come in I've got it checked out from our nearby university library. The same university that will be offering level 1 next summer so I can get started on my Orff levels. Woohoo! Love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's such a great curriculum. It really has helped me to do a better job of spiraling. So glad to hear that your principal is going to buy this for you, it's a big purchase but one that is completely worth it. Good luck with your levels, it's such a great experience. Thanks!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting on this post! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...